- This event has passed.
McConnell approach to the lower extremity
25 May 2018 - 27 May 2018
The lower extremity program is designed to provide you with a thorough understanding of biomechanical and manual therapy principles for the treatment of lower extremity overuse conditions.
Course participants will explore the intricacies and interaction of the entire lower extremity through lecture and lab sessions. Learn to assess and manage common overuse pathology of the hip, distal lower leg and foot.
At the completion of the course you will be able to:
- perform a static and dynamic examination of the lower extremity
- correlate assessment findings to lower extremity pathology such as trochanteric bursitis, anterior hip impingement, hallux valgus, achilles tendonitis, shin splints and chronic muscle strains.
- modify the position of the hip and foot through taping.
- improve lower extremity motor control through mobilization, taping and dynamic training techniques.
- understand and apply specific motor control exercises for training of the lower extremity.
- focus on a home program for patients