- This event has passed.
McConnell approach to the problem shoulder
23 June 2018 - 24 June 2018
Learn how the static and dynamic posture of the upper extremity may contribute to the patient’s signs and symptoms at the shoulder. This program includes a review of shoulder biomechanics and will examine the influence of thoracic spine stiffness, muscle tightness and muscle control problems on shoulder girdle movement. Numerous intervention strategies will be discussed.
There is an extensive lab component teaching Jenny McConnell’s shoulder taping and muscle training techniques. Learn treatment strategies to address impingement, frozen shoulder, anterior translation of the humeral head, and multi-directional instability.
At the completion of the course you will be able to:
- discuss ideal shoulder posture and muscle function.
- evaluate glenohumeral position and thoracic spine stiffness.
- mobilize a stiff thoracic spine.
- learn methods of activating the lower and middle fibers of trapezius, infraspinitus and teres minor, and posterior deltoid,
- tape to attain more appropriate alignment of the shoulder and unload painful structures.
- use surface EMG for neuro-muscular re-education.
- design a home exercise program.