- This event has passed.
Evidence based McConnell approach to chronic knee problems
22 May 2018 - 23 May 2018
This workshop will teach you the only patellofemoral program demonstrating evidence based practice after an exhaustive double blind placebo controlled clinical trial. In the workshop you will learn assessment skills and treatment strategies to address patellofemoral pain, patellar tendinosis, fat pad irritation, illiotibial friction syndrome, recurrent subluxation, pes anserinus bursitis, chondromalacia and osteoarthritis of the tibiofemoral and patellofemoral joints.
At the completion of the course you will be able to:
- assess the static and dynamic alignment of the lower limb in relation to how it affects the knee as well as assessing the alignment of the patella.
- evaluate quadriceps and gluteal control.
- evaluate the integrity of the lateral structures.
- tape to correct patellar alignment and decrease symptoms of fat pad irritation and patellar tendinosis, as well as osteoarthritis, illiotibial friction syndrome and subluxation.
- design a home exercise program.
- use surface EMG for neuro-muscular re-education.