- This event has passed.
McConnell approach to chronic low back and leg pain
17 November 2018 - 18 November 2018
Are you frustrated by the low back and leg pain patients who seem to get worse with treatment? Is there something else you can do? The answer is most definitely.
The aim of this workshop is to:
- present some background hypotheses as to why certain individuals with chronic low back and leg pain do not respond to treatment,
- develop skills in static and dynamic lower extremity, pelvic and lumbar spine biomechanical and gait assessment.
- give therapists some strategies to identify these individuals so they can implement more appropriate treatment techniques.
- demonstrate how to unload chronic low back and leg symptoms, to minimise/eliminate symptoms therapist
- use surface EMG for neuro-muscular re-education for specific training of the stabilising muscles
- provide simple strategies a therapist can give to a patient to empower the patient to self manage.